If you see an injured or sick badger, please contact the Bucks Badger Group volunteers as quickly as you can using the following phone numbers:
For North Bucks: 07511 813555
For Mid Bucks: 07887 955861
For South Bucks: 07785 757063 or 01494 677633
If you cannot get a reply from the number in your area, then phone our admin number:
01494 715438 or 07979247797
or Tiggywinkles: 01844 292292
If you witness a wildlife crime ie blocking a sett, badger baiting etc and it is still happening phone 999 and also inform Bucks Badger Group.If it has already happened, phone Bucks Badger Group. If you find an badger in a snare, phone one of the numbers above and if possible stay with the animal until help arrives, although do not touch it.
To report a dead badger, fill in the report form on our web page, with as much information on the location as you can and a grid reference if possible. It is really important that we know the locations of as many dead badgers as possible.
The Buckinghamshire Badger Group was formed in 1986 and is a completely voluntary organisation whose aims are to learn about and to protect Buckinghamshire’s badgers. That is not to say that we will not help badgers under threat in other areas, if asked.
- We have experienced members who survey and monitor badger setts in the county which can be invaluable in helping to protect badgers and monitor numbers.
- We offer help and advice to local planning authorities, the public and other bodies such as HS2 on a wide range of issues.
- We liase with the police and the RSPCA on illegal activities which regrettably happen all too frequently in the county, such as illegal snaring and digging out setts. We actively campaign against the use of any type of snare.
- We use our knowledge to educate both adults and children on the threats that badgers face and how you can help. We also have display boards which can be used in talks.
- Our experienced volunteers are equipped with rescue equipment and frequently go out to rescue wounded badgers. Most of our wounded badgers are taken to Tiggywinkles Wildlife Rescue Centre in Haddenham where they are given the best possible treatment by wonderful and caring staff.
- We also campaign on local and national issues that affect badgers.
- We are an affiliated member of the Badger Trust, which is the UK’s only national charity solely devoted to the protection of the badger.